“Here is an essential nutrient that no one sees as being that. We don’t learn anything about sulfur in medical school. Sulfur has been the most understudied and overlooked nutrient.” -Dr. Ronald M. Lawrence, M.D., Ph. D.
”Sulfur is found in every living cell. It’s part of the molecules that form the amino acids (protein building blocks) methionine, cysteine, and taurine, which are essential for health. It’s a constituent of vitamin B1 and biotin, the antioxidant glutathione, the anticoagulant heparin, and coenzyme A, which drives energy production in cells. Sulfur is an integral part of the biological cement that forms skin, hair, nails, and the cartilage that shapes your nose and pads your joints.” -Jack Challem, The Nutrition Reporter”
One of the most important raw materials for building healthy new cells is a form of organic sulfur known as methyl sulfonyl methane (MSM).” -Natural Health and Longevity Resource Center
SPECIAL NOTE: Your tonsils are a big bag of sulfur. Smoking or a diet high in fats (even healthy ones) tend to deplete the system of this important mineral. A deepening of the pitch of the voice is a signal. You’ve heard the gravel-like voice of a heavy smoker. Clearing one’s throat after meals is another. Waking up congested around the Adam’s Apple is another, as is heaviness in the chest.
(PS….Sulfur is essential for human health. Sulfa drugs are something entirely different. People sometimes confuse the two. An allergy to sulfa drugs does not mean an allergy to sulfur.)
– Improves respiratory function
– Makes cells more permeable, enabling flushing of foreign particles that cause allergic responses.
– Reduces swelling/inflammation.
(MSM is not a “quick fix” but a long-term solution that addresses the underlying mechanisms of arthritis pain: inflammation, poor blood flow, deficiencies of tissue building nutrients.)
* Blood sugar balance/metabolism of carbohydrates
– Vital for formation of insulin by pancreas -lack of nutritional sulfur in diet can result in low insulin production…adequate amounts might increase body’s ability to produce insulin to point the where insulin injections can be reduced
– Helps to improve memory
– Reduces mood changes
-Helps to relieve depression.
– “Use of MSM greatly slowed onset of breast tumors in mice fed cancer-causing agents, suggesting it might prevent human cancer indefinitely, especially when combined with other types of cancer prevention. It appears to also have a similar inhibiting effect on colon cancer in rats.” -Natural Wellness Update
-Makes cell walls permeable, allowing water/nutrients to flow in, toxins out. Sulfur plays an important part in tissue breathing, the process whereby oxygen and other nutrients enter cells.
– The cells in your body have become rigid and non-permeable. The insulin carries the blood sugar to your cells, but it can’t enter. Pancreas is forced to work too hard and fast. Stops working effectively. Blood sugar saturates the blood stream. MSM makes cell walls permeable, and the pancreas begins to function better.
– Vital to health of the retina. Helps prevent/reduce “floaters”
– Sulfur has been called “nature’s beauty mineral”. Hair and nails will grow faster and become stronger. More MSM in hair/nail cells than any other part of body. Help skin flexibility, elasticity, smoothness/softness, healing.
*Heart and Circulatory System
– Helps keep heart valves healthy. Dilates blood vessels and enhances blood flow.
– Reduces infections (parasitic, microbial, fungal). Coats intestinal tract so parasites lose their ability to hang on. Improves bowel function.
*Joints and Connective Tissues (cartilage, ligaments, tendons)
– Necessary for collagen synthesis (insoluble fibrous protein found invertebrates). Improves pain/inflammation of arthritis/gout.Improves flexibility.
“MSM can relieve pain and help repair worn or damaged cartilage in joints, ligaments and tendons with healthy, flexible new cells.” – Total Health
*Liver detoxify blood.
– Vital for formation of bile. Vital for formation of glutathione (amino acid key to liver detox).
– Relieves acute pain. Relieves post-athletic activity fatigue. Relieves muscle/leg cramps. Relieves arthritis and other sources of pain.
– “MSM has also shown amazing anti-parasitic action against Giardia, Trichomonas, roundworms, nematodes, Enterobius, and other intestinal worms. When parasites attach themselves to the intestinal lining, they can live, reproduce and rob the body of nutrients indefinitely. MSM blocks parasites by competing for receptor sites on the mucous membrane. When parasites can not attach themselves, they are simply flushed out of the system.” – Natural Health and Longevity Resource Center
*Recovery from hangovers/withdrawals
– When you drink alcohol it gets into your cells and is trapped, not allowing oxygen to get in. Cell dies of oxygen starvation, causing you to feel sick. MSM makes cell walls more permeable so that the alcohol can be flushed out, along with other toxins, and oxygen can enter in.)
– Controls acidity in stomach, helping ulcers to heal.
SPECIAL NOTE: It is estimated that the human body uses up at least 1/8t of sulfur daily. It needs to be replaced daily. Good health practices involve replacing essential substances that our bodies naturally use up or lose through illness or abuse.
Apples, Asparagus, Broccoli, Brussels’ Sprouts, Cabbage, Cauliflower, Carrots, Cherries, Chestnuts, Coconut, Cranberries, Cucumbers, Eggs, Garlic, Figs, Grapes, Horseradish, Kale, Leek, Mustard Greens, Nuts, Onions, Oranges, Peaches, Potatoes, Radishes, Raspberries, Spinach, Turnips, Turnip greens, Watercress
If you’d like to add sulfur to your agenda, I suggest…
*Sulfurzyme (Young Living)
MSM (MethylSulfonylMethane….organic form of sulfur) is derived from DMSO. It is the part of DMSO that brings so many health benefits.
*Glucosamine and Chondroitin
Order stuff from Amazon using my affiliate link http://amzn.to/25YUVsF as your “front door” into their store.
Here’s what to do….
STEP 1) Click on my link http://amzn.to/25YUVsF which opens to KyoGreen (doesn’t mean you’re ordering KyoGreen unless you put it in your cart)
STEP 2) Type into the search line anything you wish to consider adding to your cart (you can order anything the Amazon carries, not just the MSM or other supplements)
STEP 3) When ready, click on “proceed to checkout” where you’ll be asked for your own acct info. (As an Amazon Affiliate I earn through qualifying purchases.)
Let me know via e-mail ([email protected]) if you’d like my kind of help.
My fee for a phone consultation is $150.
Naturopath/NutritionistRidin’ shotgun with the Lord
(PS…I don’t represent any supplement companies or sell products.)